I thought I would share a video about Pinterest today. It’s one of the social media sites that I use the most. I’m certainly not a power user but I love that it lets me gather inspiration and then find it quickly.
Don’t use Pinterest? Why not? You may very well find it useful. I often think that many of the folks on Facebook should actually be using Pinterest. Anyone else notice that? How many recipes get posted on Facebook- but do you have an easy way to gather those? to find those later? That’s exactly what Pinterest does with an even wider selection of recipes or recipes you want to add from elsewhere online.
Pinterest is like all those clippings we used to keep from magazines only online. But, not only to you get to save and organize your clippings, you get to see what others have clipped. You can follow people and boards that interest you.
In this video, I’ll show you how it works. I’ll help you understand what a Pin and Board are. I’ll share some of the ways that you can find inspiration as well as how to add pins from elsewhere online. What can you see in a user profile and who do you follow others? I’ve got you covered there. I’ll also share how you can keep the things that you pin private and talk a little bit about why you might want to do that.
This is the first video I’ve made in a long while. Let me just tell you that talking to yourself in your living room when no one’s home. . . well it’s a unique experience. So I hope you’ll bare with me.
I’d love to hear beck from you. Was the video helpful? Do you already use Pinterest? Would you start after seeing what it actually is? Do you have questions? What folks and/or boards do you love to follow the most?
And you can find me on Pinterest right here. Here’s five people/boards that I follow and love:
- Dalrae Kim Illustration (Board) I absolutely love the illustrations that she finds. Sometimes I get color inspiration, art journaling, or perhaps one day a children’s story idea.
- Ana Carolina Lima Scrapbook Lover (Board) Love the fun scrapbook layouts she pins. There’s a real style that seems to come through her choices
- Kim Riggs Art Journaling/ Mixed Media (Board) I love the things she posts and they really illustrate the wide range of possibilities for art journaling
- Madelyn Kowal Decorate (Board) I don’t spend as much time looking at home decor as I did before we moved into this apartment, but I still enjoy seeing it. She often posts some interesting things to this board.
- Erin Brown (User) I got to church with Erin and I love to see all the things she pins. They may not always be useful to me but they are often fun to see (like the ideas she posts for their young son.)
And in the video, I highlighted
- Ali Edwards Blog/ Pinterest
- Cathy Zielske Blog/ Pinterest
- Karen Russell Blog/ I don’t think she has a Pinterest though. . . . But you have to admire when someone recognizes they can’t do it all on social media.
Feel free to tell us where we can find you on Pinterest too!