Saturday Simple Scrapbook Ideas is a weekly feature sharing a layout and scrapbooking page ideas.
Journaling Reads: You’re a night owl, I’m an early bird. We’re just different that way and we’ve come to appreciate each other’s rhythms. But it’s the routine just before I go to bed that’s a precious ritual. As you tuck me in, every night ends with a kiss, a hug, an I love you, and a nighty-night before I fall asleep.
Supplies: Papers Fair Mary Sir Scrap Alot (Polka Dot Plum), Template Ali Edwards (Designer Digitals)
This page is simple enough. Sometimes it’s these simple little stories capturing the simple little moments that we cherish. This is why I scrapbook.
Simple Scrapbook Ideas:
- Celebrate the ordinary everyday routines- the ones that have become rituals in your life. It’s a simple scrapbook page idea that will become an instant classic- and a favorite.
- Don’t be afraid to use pictures for more than one project. I took these pictures while working on A Week in the Life. I used the remote with my old dslr and prayed for some luck. You could always use a self-timer though. I am so glad I had these pictures and could document this small part of our lives.
- One option when your pictures are blurry or not the best quality is to make them smaller.
- Don’t be afraid to have white space (large areas where there’s nothing but the background)- or afraid of that white space actually being white.
- If you’re working with a scrapbook template or sketch, you can always use patterned paper instead of an image.
- I find if I use an image cropped in a circle, I really want a border around it. (To do this digitally is really easy I create a duplicate circle and then change the size by a percentage for both the width and height- if you do it in the toolbar rather than with the mouse, it’s easier to control- and to keep them the same for borders.)