Have you missed me? I’ve missed you and I’ve missed blogging the last few weeks. I could give you a list of excuses. Here’s the thing though. . . I am working on giving myself the benefit of the doubt. We’ve had a lot of schedule changes around here- things that have thrown our routines out of whack. It seems this will be a month that I battle with a headache- those happen. Sometimes we just can’t live up to our own expectations. I realize I simply need to cut myself a little slack.
So, instead of a list of excuses, how about a list just some of the reasons I’ve been away? In a bit of a light-hearted version. . .
- Floor Space- That floor space above. Well, it came just this past week. It’s our spare bedroom. Yes, I know there’s a freezer in our spare bedroom. With all the big stuff that’s in there, there really isn’t much floor space to begin with- especially when the treadmill is down. But, then add this is the room where all the hunting stuff goes. . . well, there’s more often than not, no floor space. The little floor space in there is usually covered at least two-three feet high with hunting stuff- bags with our clothes, linens, gun cases, turkey calls, etc. We don’t have the best storage solutions in the closet for all that stuff- and it honestly doesn’t all fit. So during deer season, it becomes a mess. And it’s easier to just roll with that mess right on through turkey season and then still beyond that. It’s just a fact of the space we have and the stuff of hunting life. But, I decided enough was enough and I want my floor back!
- A See Through Bathroom- Lisa and I drove nearly 300 miles to see a see through bathroom. There will be more coming on this adventure this week. I even took pictures in the bathroom!
- “I workout”- I’ve already shared that little catch phrase around here. And it continues. Of course, there were a few days past couple of weeks that I could barely move my arms. It’s been a big adjustment around here as we knew it would be. It takes away nearly half of my waking post-work hours.
- Cards- I’m just now getting to mail out the July cards. . . so almost all of them are belated. I haven’t been able to get around to them but finally got them all made, addressed, and stamped, They are on the way! Of course, I realized I did not have addresses for quite a few folks. I can’t wait until our next church directories come out.
- Headache- OK, not sure this is light hearted but it’s real. I have TMJ and headaches are simply a fact of life. You take what you’ve been given. This month has been no exception and I’ve lost some days in bed. As much as working out has been about taking care of ourselves, giving myself a few sick days has been just as much about taking care of myself.
So, that’s a few things that have been going on. Coming up on the blog:
- Photography Syllabus: Focus- I took the pictures for this one yesterday
- The See Through Bathroom Details
- Template Scrapbooking
- Camp Amy Update
- A Scavenger Hunt
- July’s Favorite Photo